Effective date: September 10, 2021Our privacy notice is available in PDF form here.
Since our earliest days, people like you have trusted Trade Street Jam Co. (“us,” “our,” “we” or “Trade Street”) by purchasing our products and following our journey. We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it.
We offer this privacy notice to explain how Trade Street collects, uses, discloses, and protects information that we collect about you, and your rights with respect to that information.This privacy notice covers information we collect from or about you when you give it to us, visit our website (including, without limitation, mobile websites), use one of our apps, visit any of our locations, or interact with our advertisements. It also covers information that we may receive from other persons or companies who have received your information and can share it with us.
If in any case our privacy practices differ from those explained in this notice, we will let you know you at the time we ask for or collect your information.
1. Quick Links
- What information we collect about you
- Children’s online privacy
- How we collect your information
- Cookies and automatic data collection
- How we use your information
- Disclosure of your information
- Interest-based advertising
- Third party content, apps, and links
- Your rights and choices
- Data security
- Nevada privacy
- Canada privacy
- EU-UK Privacy Rights privacy
- Copyright Infringement
- Changes to our privacy notice
- Contact us
2. What information we collect
We collect and use personal information about you.
We (and the vendors and other parties that perform services on our behalf) may collect, receive, and develop several different types of personal information about you depending on the nature of your interactions with us, which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Information. Examples include first name, last name, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Information. Examples include billing address, shipping address, email address, social media handles and telephone numbers.
- Financial Information. Examples include payment card details.
- Transaction Information. Examples include details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Information. Examples include internet protocol (IP) address, your login information, browser type and version, browsing and search history on our sites, what areas of our sites you visit and for how long, what products or content you view and click on, what website you came from to get to us and what website you go to when you leave us, your interactions with any of our digital ads and content on our websites, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, content entry, mouse movements, screen captures, the search terms and other data you enter, methods used to navigate away from the page, information from tracking tools we use like cookies and pixels to automatically collect information about how you interact with our websites and online content, and other technology on the devices you use to access our website.
- Profile Information. Examples include your username and password, order history (such as purchases or orders made by you), your interests, flavor preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Information. Examples include information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Information. Examples include your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- Demographic Information and Preferences. Examples include personal characteristics and preferences, such as your age, marital and family status, number of children, shopping preferences, income level, languages spoken, loyalty and rewards program information, household demographic data, data from social media platforms, education and professional information, hobbies and interests and propensity scores from third parties (likelihood of purchase, experiencing a life event, etc.).
- User Content. Examples include audio or visual information you post to our websites, like photos or videos, reviews, and other feedback that you provide to us on or through our social media pages or websites about our products, locations, and services. If you choose to provide User Content, it may be made available on public areas of our website or on or through our social media channels.
- Location Information. Examples include your precise geolocation when you access the mobile version of our website, including by using GPS and WiFi technology. We also collect information about your general location using your IP address and your zip code, such as when you search online for product retailers near you, for example.
- Employment-Related Information. Examples include, if you apply for a job, your work experience and previous employment, your education history, your resume, the URL to your personal or professional websites, your workplace skill sets and certifications, whether you need a visa to work in the United States, and salary expectations. If you apply for a job, you can choose to also voluntarily provide any of the following information: ethnicity, gender, disability status, and/or veteran status. Some of the information we collect about you may be personal information, or personal data, that can be used to identify you including, for example, your name, email address, mailing address or delivery address. In some jurisdictions, certain unique identifiers like IP addresses and other usage or technical information may be considered personal information. Personal information does not include data where your identity has been removed so that we can no longer identify you (anonymous data), which we may use for any purpose.
3. Children’s online privacy
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
4. How we collect your information
We collect personal information about you from various sources, directly and indirectly.
We collect information from and about you in the following ways:
- When you provide it to us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms (including, without limitation, pop-up forms, forms in our footers and on our checkout page) or by communicating with us by email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register for an account, subscribe to one of our newsletters or other communications, enroll in any loyalty program we have now or in the future, place an order, participate in one of our events, write a review, or when you otherwise contact us about our website, products, or services. We may also collect information from you if you sign up for a tour at one of our locations or complete a visitor comment card.
- From our websites and emails. As you interact with our website, use our apps, websites using our cookies, or our emails, we may automatically collect Technical Information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this information by using cookies, server logs, web beacons, and other similar technologies. Our Cookies and automatic data collection technologies section contains more information and options to control or opt-out of certain data collection or uses.
- From others. We may receive information about you from third parties including, for example, our affiliated companies, business partners, subcontractors, analytics providers, and service providers. We may also receive information about you from commercially available sources such as data aggregators and public databases.
6. How we use your information
We use personal information for the purposes described below.
We may use your information to conduct our business operations including for the following purposes:
- To create and manage your account.
- To provide you with products and services you request or purchase from us.
- To allow you to enter a sweepstakes, contest, promotion, other programs that we may offer. To conduct market research.
- To develop and provide advertising tailored to your interest and to determine the effectiveness of our advertising.
- To provide you with the information or support that you request from us, including to send you newsletters.
- To improve our website, products or services, marketing, customer relationships, and experiences.
- To develop new products and services.
- To notify you of special offers, discounts, updates, and products and services that we think may be of interest to you. To learn more about your choices with regards to these communications see Your rights and choices.
- To manage our relationship with you which may include notifying you about changes to our terms or privacy notice, providing you notices about your account, asking you to leave a review or take a survey, addressing any concerns you may have about our products or services.
- To provide you with the information, products, services or support that you request form us or to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To deliver relevant content, advertisements, and messaging to you and to measure or understand the effectiveness of such content, advertisements, and messaging.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you about our own and third-parties’ products or services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way or for more information on how to adjust your preferences, see Your Rights and Choices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights and to protect our websites, customers, and other individuals including to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions.
- For any other purpose as may be permitted by law/with your consent or that we describe when you provide the information.
We may use information that is not personal information for any purpose. For example, we may aggregate usage data from many people in a way that does not identify any individuals to calculate the percentage of users accessing a feature on the website.
7. Disclosure of Your Information
We share information with other parties.
We may share non-personal information without restriction. We may share your personal information with:
- Any member of our corporate group, which means our subsidiaries, affiliates, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To our business partners who provide services on our behalf but who may also use the information we provide for their own commercial purposes. For example, some of our advertising partners may use information to market other parties’ products and service to you. For more information see Interest-based advertising.
- To public or government (including enforcement) authorities.
- To an actual or prospective buyer or other successor in the event of merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, where one of the transferred assets is the personal information we hold.
- If we offer a co-branded promotion, to our co-sponsor.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose as may be permitted by law/with your consent or that we describe when you provide the information.
8. Interest-based advertising
For this reason, keep in mind, you can block the collection and use of information related to you by advertising companies for the purpose of serving interest based advertising by visiting the following platforms of self-regulatory programs of which those companies are members:
9. Third Party Content, Apps, and Links
Some content or applications on our websites may be served by third parties, content providers and application providers including the following:
- Third-party links. Our websites may contain links to other sites, which we do not control. Those websites have their own privacy policies and terms.
10. Your Rights and Choices
You can opt-out of receiving marketing emails. To stop receiving our promotional emails, follow the instructions in any promotional message you get from us. Some of our websites allow you to modify your preferences to opt-out. Even if you opt-out of getting marketing messages, we will still send you transactional messages, such as responses to your questions.
Your rights may vary depending on where you are located. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information.
- Marketing. If you do not want us to use your email address or other contact information to promote or recommend our own products and services you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form where we collect your contact information or, if presented with the option to opt-in, do not opt-in. If you have an account with our website, you may be able to log in and check or uncheck relevant boxes. If you do not have an account, you can adjust your preferences by contacting us as set forth below in the Contact Us section. You may also opt-out of further marketing communications by replying to any promotional email we have sent you or following the opt-out links on that message. This opt-out may not apply to information provided to us as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Accessing, Updating and Deleting Your Information. If you have an account with us, you may have the ability to access your information and make updates to or delete your data. If not, you can contact us as set forth in the Contact Us section below to request access to, correction of, or deletion of personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or negatively affect the information’s accuracy.
- Interest Based Advertising. Please see Interest-based advertising above for information on how to opt-out of interest-based advertising.
- California Residents. If you are a California resident, you may have additional rights and choices with regard to your personal information. Please see Your California privacy rights for more information.
- Nevada Residents. If you are a Nevada resident, please see our Nevada privacy section below for more information our information practices.
11. Data Security
We rely on Shopify’s platform and security measures to protect your data. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
12. Nevada privacy rights
Nevada residents have the right to opt out of the sale of certain "covered information" collected by operators of websites or online services. We currently do not sell covered information, as "sale" is defined by such law, and we do not have plans to sell this information.
13. Canada privacy
Your personal information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including personal information, to United States and process it there.
Your consent to this privacy notice followed by your submission of such information represents your agreement to that transfer.
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy notice and no transfer of your personal information will take place to an organization or a country unless there are adequate controls in place including the security of your data and other personal information.
14. EU-UK Privacy Rights privacy
If you are in the European Economic Area, United Kingdom, or are otherwise subject to the General Data Protection Regulation, then this section of our privacy notice applies to you.
- Data controller
The data controller of such processing is Trade Street Jam Co.
- Additional information about data we collect about you
We do not collect any special categories of personal data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offenses.
- Lawful basis
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract, we are about to enter into, or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests, potentially including uses such as determining the internal analytics of the Products and Services and for determining marketing performance to share relevant information and offers about our products with customers and potential customers.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
- Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data although we will get your consent before sending third party direct marketing communications to you. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
- Your data subject rights
Data subjects have the right, at any time, to request access to, rectification or erasure of his/her personal data, or restriction or objection to processing, as well as the right to data portability, or to withdraw the consent given by sending an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of the Data Protection Officer, providing a copy of your identity document, or any document proving your identity.
We reserve the right to verify the truthfulness of personal data provided at any time.
We do not use any type of automated process for profiling purposes.
- Data retention
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements. In any event, we do not intend to hold the data for more than five years.
15. Copyright Infringement
We take claims of copyright infringement seriously. We will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law. If you believe any materials accessible on or from our services infringes your copyright, you may request removal of those materials (or access to them) from the services by submitting written notification to our Copyright Agent that is designated below. It is Trade Street’s policy to terminate the accounts of repeat infringers.
In accordance with the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512) (“DMCA”), the written notice (the “DMCA Notice”) must include substantially the following:
- Your physical or electronic signature.
- Identification of the copyrighted work you believe to have been infringed or, if the claim involves multiple works on the services, a representative list of such works.
- Identification of the material you believe to be infringing in a sufficiently precise manner to allow us to locate that material.
- Adequate information by which we can contact You (including Your name, postal address, telephone number, and, if available, email address).
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the written notice is accurate.
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
If You fail to comply with all of the requirements of Section 512(c)(3) of the DMCA, Your DMCA Notice may not be effective. Please be aware that if you knowingly materially misrepresent that material or activity on the services is infringing your copyright, you may be held liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) under Section 512(f) of the DMCA.
DMCA Notices must be delivered to our designated Copyright Agent at email@example.com.
16. Changes to our privacy notice
From time to time we may change our privacy policies. We will post any changes we may make to our privacy notice on this page. If the changes materially alter how we use or treat your information we will notify you by email to the primary email address specified in your account (if you have an account with us) and/or through a notice on the website home page. The date the privacy notice was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring that we have an up-to-date email address for you and for periodically visiting our website and this page to check for any changes.
17. Contact Us