Almond Butter + Jam Muffins
Take your muffins from average to amazing by adding delicious nut butter and jam.
Recipe in collaboration with Ground Up Nut Butters
1⁄2 cup Ground Up Coconut Cardamom Almond Butter
1 cup mashed ripe bananas
1⁄4 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
3⁄4 cup almond flour
3⁄4 cup oat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1⁄2 tsp salt
1⁄4 cup Blueberry Lemon Basil Jam
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with liners. Spray insides of liners with oil spray to prevent muffins from sticking.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Mix in the almond butter, mashed bananas, honey and vanilla extract until fully incorporated.
3. In a small bowl, combine almond flour, oat flour, baking powder and salt.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Combine until just incorporated; do not overmix.
5. Use a spoon to scoop batter into muffin liners. Using a teaspoon, add jam on top of each muffin and use a knife or toothpick to gently swirl the jam into the top.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in muffin tin for 3-5 minutes, then move to a wire rack.