Blueberry-Lemon Glazed Chicken Wings
Spicy. Sweet. Sticky. These jam glazed wings will have you licking your fingers.
Image by Meg's Everyday Indulgence
3 lbs. chicken wingettes
5 tbsp. olive oil, divided
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small shallot, minced
1/2 cup Blueberry Lemon Basil Jam
2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp. chipotle chili powder
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Line two sheet pans with tinfoil and liberally spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Place the chicken wingettes in a large plastic zip-top bag. Drizzle with 4 tbsp. of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Seal the bag and shake to coat the wings.
3. Divide the wings between the sheet pans, leaving space between each wing. Bake for 40 minutes, turning the wings halfway through cooking.
4. While the wings are cooking, make the glaze: heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and shallot to the pan and sauté for a minute.
5. Add the jam, vinegar and chipotle chili powder. Increase the heat to medium and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until the sauce reduces and thickens.
6. Once the wings are cooked, transfer them from the sheet pans to a large bowl. Pour the glaze over the wings and toss to coat. Return the wings to one of the sheet pans and cook another 5 minutes. Enjoy!