Cereal Milk PB+J Cinnamon Rolls
Cereal Milk PB+J Cinnamon Rollss
Adulting is so overrated. Embrace your inner child with some Fruity Pebbles and our Blueberry Lemon Basil Jam.
Recipe adapted from Girl Versus Dough
Makes 12 rolls
For the rolls + cereal milk:
1 3/4 c. crushed Fruity Pebbles
1 3/4 c. cold milk
1 can Pillsbury crescent dough
For the filling:
4 tbsp. smooth peanut butter
4 tbsp. Blueberry Lemon Basil Jam
1 c. crushed Fruit Pebbles
For the glaze:
1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
4–5 tbsp. cereal milk
Fruity Pebbles, crushed, for topping
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Make the cereal milk: In a small bowl, stir crushed cereal and milk until well combined. Let sit 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Strain mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a separate bowl. Set aside.
3. Roll out crescent dough into a ~18” x 12” rectangle, long side facing you, on a surface lightly dusted with flour to prevent sticking. Pinch seams together to prevent tearing. Gently smear on peanut butter and then jam (leaving a slight border) using an offset spatula or the back of a spoon, then sprinkle with 1 cup crushed cereal.
4. Beginning with long end nearest you, carefully roll dough into a tight log. Firmly pinch seam to seal; turn seam side down. Use a serrated knife to gently cut dough into 12 equal-size rolls, about 1 1/2” each. Arrange rolls cut side-up in prepared baking pan.
5. Bake rolls according to package directions or until golden brown.
6. Let rolls cool. Meanwhile, make the glaze: In a medium bowl, whisk powdered sugar and 4 tablespoons cereal milk to form a smooth, thick-but-drippy glaze (add more cereal milk or powdered sugar as needed). Spread or drizzle glaze over warm rolls; sprinkle with more crushed cereal. Serve warm.