Mini Cranberry Apple Galettes
Mini Cranberry Apple Galettes (vegan + gluten free)
Easy, fresh, versatile, and not too sweet. These mini galettes are perfect for date nights and holiday dinner parties.
3/4 cup almond flour
3/4 cup gluten free flour
2 flax eggs (see instructions)
2 tbsp coconut sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup ice cold water
2 apples (sweet variety)
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp melted butter or coconut oil
Cranberry Raspberry Sage Jam
1. Preheat oven to 425°.
2. Make flax eggs by combining 2 tbsp of flaxseed meal and 5 tbsp of water. Set aside.
3. Whisk together flours, coconut sugar, and salt.
4. Add flax eggs, coconut oil, and water. Mix until combined. The dough should be quite wet.
5. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and chill the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes. This will help it set.
6. In the meantime, slice your apples thinly and toss them in lemon juice.
7. Divide galette dough into 3 equally sized balls. Roll out into thin pastry.
8. Top pastry with sliced apples, leaving room on the perimeter to flip the dough over.
9. Flip the dough over the apples, and brush with melted butter or oil.
10. Bake for 25 mins.
11. Drizzle with jam. Serve with your favorite non-dairy ice cream or whipped cream!