Puffy Cherry Pancake with Sour Cherry Ginger Syrup
This big puffy pancake (aka Dutch baby) is a real treat. And our jam-based syrup is just the cherry on top!
For the pancake:
1/4 pound cherries
2 large eggs
1/3 cup milk
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. sugar
1 tbsp. unsalted butter
For the syrup:
1/2 cup Sour Cherry Ginger Jam
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F. Pit the cherries, pulling them into large pieces as you do so.
2. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs and milk together.
3. In another medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and salt.
4. Put the butter in a 10-inch frying pan and put in the oven to melt. Remove from the oven and set aside.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones and beat to combine. Add cherries. Pour batter into the hot, buttered pan and bake 20 minutes. Turn down oven temperature to 350 F and continue baking until pancake is puffed and well browned, about 15 minutes.
6. Mix jam with a couple tablespoons of water in a small pan over medium heat. Whisk until smooth, adding more water as needed until you get a nice, syrupy consistency. Drizzle over pancake and enjoy!