Raspberry Mexican Michelada
If you like spicy cocktails that mix a variety of flavors, then this one's for you. It's the perfect way to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. But when a drink's this flavorful, you'll probably be sipping on it all summer long.
Image + recipe by Simply Scratch
3 tbsp. margarita salt
2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. chipotle powder
1-1/3 cup Clamato tomato juice (or tomato juice of choice)
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
A few dashes Worcestershire sauce
A few dashes coconut aminos (may sub with tamari or soy sauce)
A few dashes Raspberry Hot Sauce
2 (12 ounce) bottles Mexican Lager (like Sol, Dos Equis or Modelo)
Garnish: black pepper, lime wedges
1. Chill 4 beer mugs or glasses in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, combine the salt, chili and chipotle powder in a shallow dish.
3. Run a lime wedge around the rim of the mugs and dip into the salt.
4. Add ice to the mugs and then pour 1/3 cup of tomato juice, 1/4 cup lime juice, a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce, coconut aminos and hot sauce into each one.
5. Finish by filling the mugs with the Mexican beer and garnish with a lime wedge, black pepper and a little more hot sauce. Sip and repeat.