Roasted Cauliflower with Spicy Kiwi Glaze
roasted cauliflower with spicy kiwi glaze
A unique, Indian twist on your traditional brassica with our Spicy Vanilla Kiwi Jam.
Serves 2-4 as a side. Recipe by Chef Priyanka.
For the cauliflower
1 medium sized cauliflower, cleaned, dried, cut into florets
5 garlic cloves, cloves separated, skins left on
1 tsp. turmeric
Ground black pepper
For the glaze
About half the jar of Spicy Vanilla Kiwi Jam
2 green chilies (I used Indian green chilies), roughly chopped
1/3 cup water
1/2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp. each cilantro, mint, basil, roughly chopped (to garnish)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Place cauliflower florets on a baking sheet. Add garlic and sprinkle on seasonings. Drizzle with about 1 tbsp. olive oil. Toss until completely coated well and spread evenly on baking sheet. Bake for about 20-25 minutes, flipping once. Cauliflower should be charred and fork tender.
3. While the cauliflower is baking, place the glaze ingredients in a pot, stir and place over medium flame. Once it comes to a boil, reduce the flame to a simmer and allow to cook for about 5-8 minutes until slightly reduced.
4. Remove jam from stove and remove the green chilies (if you wish). Either using a hand blender or regular blender, blend the jam into a smooth puree. This next step is optional – using a fine mesh sieve, strain the puree through the sieve into the pot to only reserve the smooth parts of the puree. Discard rest. Place back on stove and bring to a boil and turn flame off.
5. Remove the cauliflower after it’s cooked, add the kiwi glaze and toss to coat. Garnish cauliflower with herbs. Serve with rice or naan or eat on its own.