Spicy Smoky Chicken Drumsticks
SPICY SMOKY CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS
These smoky drumsticks are a crowd pleaser, perfect for your next get-together.
Makes 4 to 6 servings. Adapted from Bon Appetit.
1/2 cup sriracha or cholula
1/2 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
1/4 cup mirin (sweet Japanese rice wine)
1/2 cup Smoked Peach Jam
12 large chicken drumsticks
1 cup rice flour
1 tbsp. cornstarch
1. Heat sriracha, rice vinegar, mirin and jam in a small sauce pan over medium heat, stirring to prevent burning. Simmer for about 10 minutes or until mixture slightly thickens.
2. Place drumsticks in a large bowl and season generously with salt. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Whisk flour and cornstarch in a medium bowl. Place a wire rack on a rimmed baking sheet. Using a paper towel, pat drumsticks dry. Dredge in rice flour mixture, shaking off any excess. Place on rack.
4. Roast drumsticks, turning frequently, until skin is brown and crispy, about 50-60 minutes.
5. Combine hot drumsticks and 1/4 cup of sauce in a large bowl and toss to coat. Return drumsticks to rack and roast until skin is crisp and sauce begins to brown, about 8-9 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and brush chicken with additional sauce. Serve remaining sauce alongside for dipping.