Strawberry Chia Jam Grits
Strawberry Chia Jam Grits (vegan)
Kick your breakfast bowl routine up a notch with these health-ified creamy jam-topped grits.
Image + recipe by Brewing Happiness
For the grits:
2 cups light coconut milk, divided
1/2 cup white grits
1 tablespoon vegan buttery spread
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon coconut sugar
1 tablespoon nut butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the jam:
Strawberry Chipotle + Fig Jam, generous serving
1 tablespoon chia seeds
For the toppings (optional):
Puffed cereal (kamut, wheat, millet, etc.)
1. Pour the jam in a small bowl and mix in your chia seeds. Store covered in the refrigerator for later use.
2. Heat 1 1/2 cups coconut milk with your vegan butter and sea salt. Bring to a boil.
3. Once boiling, add in your grits. Reduce heat, cover and cook for 15 minutes - stirring occasionally.
4. After 15 minutes, take the lid off and add in your last 1/2 cup of coconut milk along with your nut butter, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract. Cook uncovered for another 10 minutes.
5. After 10 minutes, pour your grits into a bowl. Top with strawberry-chia jam, fresh strawberries, puffed cereal and coconut sugar sprinkles.