Summer Berry Parfait with Homemade Yogurt
summer berry parfait
When you need something light, healthy & scrumptious.
Image by CynEats
2 cups yogurt (store-bought or homemade--see recipe below)
Vanilla extract, to taste
Honey, to taste
1/3 cup granola
1/4 cup Trade Street Jam (any flavor works here!)
1 cup assorted fruit (i.e. blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and cherries)
1. Mix yogurt, honey and vanilla in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Layer yogurt, granola and jam in a glass or mason jar.
3. Top with tons of fresh fruit.
1. Sanitize Instant Pot- not just rinse it, but REALLY clean it!
2. Add 8 cups whole milk, put the lid on, hit the yogurt function and adjust until it says BOIL.
3. When the temperature reaches 180 degrees, remove the inner pot so that the milk can cool to 105 degrees. I like to put mine in the fridge to speed up the process, or you can leave it on the counter for about an hour.
4. Once your milk reaches 105, skim the top layer off.
5. Now add in two tablespoons of yogurt with LIVE AND ACTIVE CULTURES.
6. Place the inner pot back into Instant Pot and close the lid. Hit the yogurt cycle. For a thicker creamier texture, I recommend leaving it in for a total of 18 hours.
7. Remove yogurt and place into a mixing bowl. Then using a hand mixer on medium speed, whisk for 2-3 minutes. Add vanilla extract and honey to taste.