Blackberry Glazed Salmon
Nothing goes better together than fresh fruit and fresh fish and this pairing is an especially delicious one.
4 5 oz. salmon portions
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup fresh blackberries
1/2 cup Blackberry Mulled Merlot Jam
2/3 cup hearty red wine
Fresh parsley, for garnish
1. Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. When oil is hot, add garlic, salt, and pepper and sauté until garlic is fragrant and cooked through, about 1 minute.
2. Add fresh blackberries and blackberry jam to skillet and whisk until jam has broken down and formed a smooth sauce.
3. Whisk in red wine and bring to a simmer. Let the sauce cook for 3-4 minutes until it has thickened slightly.
4. Place salmon portions into the saucepan and spoon a few spoonfuls of sauce over the top of the fish. Continue cooking, spooning additional sauce over the fish every minute or so, until fish is flaky and cooked through, about 9-11 minutes.
5. Remove fish from pan and top with a spoonful of the glaze and a few berries from the saucepan. Sprinkle fresh parsley on top and serve immediately.